Light My Fire Firesteel Outdoor - Scout: The Ultimate Firesteel for Outdoor Adventurers (review)
Discover my detailed test report on the Light My Fire Firesteel Outdoor Scout and find out why it's the ultimate firesteel for outdoor adventurers.
From Martin Gebhardt. Check out his “About me” page.
👉 The key facts from this guide
- The Light My Fire Firesteel Outdoor Scout is an excellent choice for all nature and outdoor enthusiasts who are looking for a reliable fire starter.
- The Light My Fire Firesteel Outdoor Scout is a durable and reliable fire ignition tool that promises up to 3,000 ignitions.
- It is made from biobased plastic, making it an environmentally friendly choice.
- The Firesteel is easy to handle and generates sparks quickly and effectively, making it ideal for beginners and children.
- Despite a slightly higher price, the Firesteel offers high quality and reliability.
- Some users may find the 4.3 cm long metal rod to be too short, depending on their personal preferences.
Hey, dear outdoor enthusiasts and bushcraft enthusiasts!
A fire starter is an absolute must-have for every survival and nature fan.
Enter the Light My Fire Outdoor Scout Fire Starter.
I have had this fire starter in my pocket for over three years and use it regularly.
Let's find out together if this fire starter is worth its money and can ignite your hearts, erm, fires.
The facts about the Light My Fire Scout Fire Starter: up to 3,000 ignitions
First, let's take a closer look at the fire starter.
The Light My Fire Firestarter has a diameter of 6.3 mm and promises up to 3,000 ignitions.
It is made in Sweden and the handles are made of a biobased plastic derived from plants. That's a great plus for all environmentally conscious adventurers among you!
The fire starter is 7.7 cm long overall, the metal rod is 4.3 cm long, providing enough material for many campfires.
Calculate here how long your fire starter will last:
Who is the fire starter for?
The Light My Fire Firestarter is aimed at outdoor enthusiasts, bushcraft lovers, and anyone who enjoys spending time in the wilderness.
Whether you're a beginner or an experienced woodsman, this fire starter is suitable for anyone looking for a reliable and durable "fire starting tool."
Mixed metal and Ignition Capability
One highlight of this fire starter is the mixed metal, which is particularly ignition-capable.
This means that with just a few strokes, you can create sparks that will ignite your fire.
That's a big advantage, especially in damp or cold conditions, where a campfire is all the more important.
And I can tell you that not all fire starters emit sparks as effectively. There are various brands where you need much more effort to get the sparks to spray so beautifully.
Made for Use in the Wilderness
As a wilderness mentor, I've used many different types of fire starters, and this one is by far the best.
It's so easy to use and reliable.
The thumb indentation makes it immediately clear how to hold it, so even five-year-old children can get great sparks every time.
And for the kids in my courses, it means we're putting them on the road to success.
Top Quality, Affordable Price
Yes, it's true that the Light My Fire Firestarter costs a little more than some other models at €15.
But believe me, you're getting brand quality that you can rely on.
For me, as a passionate forest-goer, that's a fair price to ensure that I always have a reliable tool to light a fire on my adventures.
Amazon-Preis-Verlauf (Letzter Update-Scan vor 2 Stunden)
|Niedrigst (02.06.2023)||Höchst (02.06.2023)||Aktuell (02.06.2023)|
|15,00 €||15,00 €||15,00 €|
Light My Fire Feuerstahl Outdoor - Scout - ⌀6,3 mm & 3.000 Zündungen - Feuerstahl hergestellt in Schweden aus biobasiertem Kunststoff von Pflanzen - Feuerstein länge 7,7 cm - Firestarter
- ZÜNDET SOFORT & STARK: Feuereisen für jedes Wetter - Regen, Schnee, Wind & Höhenlage. Ein zuverlässiger, langlebiger und leistungsstarker Magnesium Firestarter mit integrierter Notfallpfeife für Notfallsituationen. Benutzerfreundlich - einfach zu bedienen und Reisesicher.
- SURVIVALTOOL: 3.000 Zündungen. Robusten Magnesiumlegierung und Edelstahl - höchste Qualität und Funktionalität. Unterschied zu traditionellen Zündmetall FireStarters ist der Härtung der Metall-Legierung. Die hellen Funken, die erzeugt werden, können auch als Notfallsignal verwendet werden.
- EXTREM LEISTUNGSSTARK: Entzündet sofort traditionelle Alkohol- sowie moderne Gasbrenner. Wurde für die schwedische Armee entwickelt und wird weltweit vom Militär eingesetzt. Der Feuerstarter ist auch perfekt um den Campingfeuer / Lagerfeuer oder den Gasherd zu Hause anzuzünden.
- WASSERFEST & WINDFEST: 1x Feuerstahl, leicht (38g) für Outdoor-Aktivitäten aus BPA-freiem Kunststoff. Ein unverzichtbares perfektes Werkzeug jeden Outdoor-Enthusiasten. Grösse: 77x25x15 mm.
- AUS SCHWEDEN FÜR NATURLIEBHABER: Wir lieben die Natur und legen grossen Wert auf nachhaltige Herstellung in Schweden - Produkte für Outdoorfans, die praktisch und langlebig sind.
15,00 €View Product
In this video, I show you what the Light My Fire Firestarter Outdoor Scout looks like in action and how easy it is to start a fire with it.
Advantages and Disadvantages of the Light My Fire Firestarter Scout
- Durable: The fire starter promises up to 3,000 ignitions and provides enough material for many campfires.
- Environmentally Friendly: Made from biobased plastic derived from plants.
- Easy to Use: The thumb indentation provides intuitive handling, even for beginners and children.
- Ignition Capability: The mixed metal quickly and effectively creates sparks to ignite your fire.
- Lightweight: The fire starter weighs only 38 g.
- Suitable for Everyone: Whether you're a beginner or an experienced woodsman, this fire starter is a reliable fire-starting tool for everyone.
- Price: At €15, the fire starter is priced slightly higher than some other models on the market.
- Size: The 4.3 cm long metal rod may be considered too short for some users, depending on personal preferences.
Final Thoughts on the Light My Fire Firestarter Scout
The Light My Fire Firestarter Outdoor Scout (buy here) is a high-quality, reliable, and environmentally friendly "forest lighter" for all nature and outdoor enthusiasts.
If you're willing to spend a little more money for quality and reliability, then this fire starter is perfect for you!
I hope this article helps you with your decision, and we'll see you soon for more exciting product tests and adventures in the wilderness.
If you're still unsure, check out my top list of the best fire starters. You'll also find a detailed buying guide there.
Until then, stay strong and stay connected to nature.
Was this guide helpful?
12 people found this guide helpful.
5.00 out of 5 points (12 Ratings)